Monday, October 25, 2010

Reflections

Sometimes I wish I were a stay-at home mom again. Work has been stressful lately. It can get "fast and furious" in an eyeblink, and it is too easy to make mistakes. I know God is in control, and I do trust him, but I must admit to getting frustrated and discouraged at times. In addition, it is VERY difficult to get the time off (even unpaid time) that I need to be with my family over the holidays. I've thought of looking for another job, but haven't found anything that would work for me just yet. Also, I would lose vacation and personal time, which at this point is desperately needed for various family things. And would it be any better elsewhere? Furthermore, I don't like interviews or walking into a situation where I don't know anyone.
Don't get me wrong. There are many aspects of my job that I do enjoy, such as the interaction with my customers and coworkers. I DON'T enjoy making mistakes despite my best efforts, nor policies that make it difficult for me to spend time with my family when I need to and/or they need me to. I DON't enjoy having to be up by 5am during the school year no matter WHAT time I work that day or what time I went to bed the night before. I DON'T enjoy worrying about whether or not I'm going to get in trouble for yet another mistake, some of which are beyond my control.

1 comment:

  1. I'll pray that you find another job, Mommy! I'm sorry you have to go through this!

    ReplyDelete