Saturday, June 5, 2010

Graduation

So my "Little Ladybug" is a high school graduate! Her graduation was last night, and it was beautiful. She looked so tiny up on that stage, but also very much like the beautiful young lady she's become. She got academic awards in three subjects: Bible, science, and speech. Before leaving for the graduation, we had a small "open house" gathering at our home. Several friends from church came, as well as my dad, my three sisters, my youngest nephew, my oldest daughter, my son in law, and my granddaughter. I wasn't sure that i would be ale to pull this gathering off, because of the logistics of getting ready and of getting Janet (the graduate) and Erin (her younger sister who's in the choir) to the school by 7:00, and then making sure that we and everyone else were there before 7:30, when the graduation actually began! The Lord worked it out perfectly, though. Everyone arrived between 4:30 and 5:00, and we had a nicer time of fellowship while the girls were getting ready.... and Janet was able to say hello to everyone. Caroline took Janet, Erin, and another classmate who also had to be there by 7:00, and we and our guests left at 6:30 and got there in plenty of time before the ceremony began. Janet looked adorable walking down the aisle, and the whole senior class sang "How deep the Faher's Love for Us," which made me cry. The choir sang "The Lord Bless You and Keep You, " which always makes me cry at graduation even if I don't have a graduate on the stage! And of course, all the "Aunties" (Caroline in particular) had fun showing off their little niece! Congratulations, Janet Marie! Love you-- Proud of you--- Praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment